Haven’t posted in a few days…so here’s what I’ve been doing:
1) Handling my parent’s business…from getting my childhood home sold to making calls to all kinds of paperwork it’s been stressful but I’m slowly but surely getting it done. I got my mother’s death certificate which listed her cause of death and that messed me up again. I sent off to get my refund for my Ecuador flight and I was going to take a trip to Italy in March but I’ll see if I can get a refund for that too.
🛸 Airbnb - Get $40 off a home booking of $75 or more and $15 off an experience of $50 or more
2) I woke up to some kind of bug in my bed this morning. I smashed it with my phone. I have no idea what it was. Hopefully I see nothing else. I’ll be moving into a new place next month. It’s a rooftop loft in a better neighborhood in the center of all the action. It’s also closer to my spanish school. The commute is killing me even though I’m not even the one driving. That’s two hours gone out of my day. There’s a reason why I’ve lived close to all my jobs after Boston.
3) Let’s talk about Spanish class…I think my classes have been going great and I’ve been learning alot. My weird white guy classmate and I decided to go to lunch one day and he started talking about his penis. He was real slick with it too. So I quit talking to him after that. I come into class today and he has switched classes. Now I have a new white boy from Pennsylvania that has pizza face and seems weird too. Seems as if he hasn’t been around Black people that often. Fine by me I’ll answer all the questions in class and learn more lol.
🤐 BaseLang - The website I’ve been using to learn Spanish with unlimited lessons for $149 per month.
4) I met a Nigerian guy and we set up a date for Sunday at 1pm. I messaged him that day and made sure were still on and if we could meet a little earlier if not then we can still meet at 1. He said he scheduled another appointment at that time. I said ok and blocked him on whatsapp. I don’t have time for games.
5) Sunday was the Virgin of Guadalupe’s birthday some pagan, idol worship day and they popped fireworks that sounded like missiles outside. I was scared for my life. They popped them pretty much all night and I went to bed at midnight that day.
6) I had a painted mango with chamoy and chile tajin. See the video posted on how he made it. It was good but I wouldn’t buy it again.
7) I’m still on the prowl for a Spanish language partner…sigh…this is harder than I thought it would be.
Without a plan, Elyse Y. Robinson moved to México City after her mother passed away from blood cancer on November 11, 2016. She never heard of México City nor even visited México before. She just knew she had to escape America to mourn. She had quit her whole life to help her family anyway. She had nothing more to lose. She is going into her fourth year in México and she is there to stay!